3/27/2013

2:30 AM Wednesday March 27th 2013

tonight at two thirty in the morning i awoke to my dad's strained voice in my kitchen. i woke up, unsure, with my little sister in my bed 'cause she had arisen from slumber, at one AM, as usual, on cue. i stumbled from the couch in my room to the kitchen, knocking over a glass of water. water. it has so many uses. it can hydrate, extinguish, replenish, grow, freeze, evaporate.
e x t i n g u i s h .
i run out of the house, panicked, i peer into the yard in front of us, a burning form. smoke rises. rises, rises,
                      s                      s                s                                                     s
                  e                    e               e                                               e
             s                     s                s                                        s
       i                     i                    i                                 i
 r                      r                    r                       r         

i walk up and hug him, i can't help. it kills me, thinking of all that could change in a moment. an instant. a mere blinks-worth. my god, my god, at what we have and what we risk, and what we could lose. i thought i would have more to say but i'm just sad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some words prz